Roof Technician - Commercial Flat Roofs
Wanted – low slope roof installers who would love the opportunity to earn more based on the production of the crew. Want to have the ability to earn more by planning well and working hard? Then we are looking for you.
Hicks Roofing is a growing, highly respected, quality oriented roofing contractor that does very little travel, that has been recognized as one of the most safety conscious contractors in our industry. We are looking for someone that is well organized, and has the ability to think ahead. 401K, project based bonuses, year end profit sharing, health insurance and hourly pay commensurate with experience. The average pay is $20.25 per hour PLUS job-bonuses and Year-end profit sharing.
We are looking for good people, not good roofers. Knowledge and experience with any or all of the following is a plus but not required: FiberTite, Sarnafil, Firestone, Carlisle, Johns Manville, Derbigum, Siplast, and Soprema.
JOB DESCRIPTION - ROOF TECHNICIAN
Hicks Roofing Inc. is committed to providing 100% customer satisfaction. The Roof Technician holds a large responsibility in that satisfaction by constructing the highest quality roof available. This needs to be accomplished while working with in the company guidelines and upholding corporate values. The roles and responsibilities of the Roof Technician necessary to meet these expectations require experience in the roofing and or general construction knowledge.
The basic functions of the Roof Technician are to:
- Assure compliance to the safety standards, norms and rules are followed at all times.
- Provide a high quality roof.
Maintain and improve when necessary the good working relationships with customers, sub-contractors, vendors, suppliers, inspectors, and other on behalf of the company to reinforce its reputation and positive image.
Securing and safe handling of all company equipment and job material.
- The Roof Technician reports directly to the Foreman/Project Manager.
- The Roofer reports indirectly to the Superintendent.
- This position maintains a close functional and operational relationship with the Scheduling Manager.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position.
- Preferred: two or more years as a proven Roof Technician in the industrial sector with specific knowledge pertaining to the different types of roofing options available to potential customers.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of roofing quality standards and able to achieve the required and expected results.
- Able to practice the Company and customers’ quality requirements and ability to deliver or exceed the desired level.
- Knowledge of the rules and procedures necessary to ensure a safe work environment through the strict compliance and enforcement of safety policies.
- Ability to read and understand basic blueprints, technical specifications and industry and trade information.
- Able to follow basic to complex direction provided by Foreman within the environment of a construction setting.
Must familiarize yourself and follow the operating procedures and Hand Book policies and adhere to them at all times.
- Know the difference and know how to apply the many different types of roofing options provided by Hicks Roofing. To include but not limited to: Modified, Mechanically Fastened, Fully Adhered, Repairs and Coatings.
- Be able to operate all tools and machinery necessary to accomplish scope of work.
- Must have basic arithmetic knowledge and be able to apply it to job related functions.
This position will be working indoors, in a non-smoking environment, and outdoors, on construction sites.
- Normal hours for this position are from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Job start times may vary and have an earlier reporting time. Your Workload may occasionally require up to 10 or more hours per day, weekend’s work or whenever is needed to meet deadlines, and as required by the Managers of Hicks Roofing.
- Rain, wind, sleet, snow, heat and other adverse seasonal conditions are regularly encountered on job sites and while traveling. All employees are responsible for providing the own job and weather appropriate attire.
- The noise level is not significant in the Office, but may be moderate to high in the job sites. Hardhat, ears protection, boots and safety glasses will be required in some job locations and construction sites.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary functional responsibilities of the Roof Technician include:
Track and maintain equipment kept on job sites and in work trucks at all times.
- Provide a high quality roof to all customers while protecting the assets and profitability of Hicks Roofing.
- Maintain a clean and safe job sight at all times.
- Ensure that all job materials and tools are protected from damage and loss daily.
- Notify the Foreman of any job tool or material needs at a minimum the day prior to the need.
- Report all change orders with owners and GC to the Foreman a.s.a.p.
- Submit to the Foreman daily remittance of time sheets and projects’ documentation and invoices.
- Report immediately to the Foreman any significant deviation from the expected outcome of any project and on any potential or actual safety issue or legal action.
- Notify The Foreman or Superintendent of any problems getting to work on time or at all.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned or requested by Supervisors.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
The Roof Technician for Hicks Roofing shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been accomplished:
- Implemented immediate solutions for any problems, litigations or safety issues, or proposed appropriate solutions to the Foreman if not within the limits of authority.
Conducted him/herself in a personal manner that conveyed the highest degree of professionalism and promoted the Company’s image and reputation.
- Promoted teamwork and synergy between departments at a constructive level.
Policies and procedures followed via the employee hand book or direction given by supervisors.
Adhere to all attendance policies pertaining to call offs and tardiness.